12 June 2013

REITs meltdown & what it means

Ever since the recent REITs meltdown/sell-off, prices of some REITs have fallen below their NAVs & are now more attractive than ever. When REITs share prices fall, their yield on cost increases in favor of income investors. Bank analysts feel that the market is over-reacting & I think so likewise. As I adhere to the saying of "Happiness is best experienced when shared", I have decided to share my personal watchlist in this current bearish market which I think wont last for long. Please bear in mind that I consider myself as a long-term investor & I'm investing mostly for stable income from dividends with capital gains being my 2nd priority. I prefer to invest early in life, letting time do the magic of compounding effect & I will accumulate when I feel that yield is attractive. 

"The rich invest in time, the poor invest in money" - Warren Buffet.

Saizen REIT (Japan Residential)
current price 0.176 (down 25% of 52wk high value)
current yield at 7.5%

Lippo REIT (Indonesia Retail)
current price 0.480 (down 17% of 52wk high value)
current yield at 7.4%

Religare Health Trust (India Healthcare)
current price 0.845 (down 15% of 52wk high value)
current yield at 9.35%

OCBC bank analyst even highly recommend Starhill Global REIT (0.870, yield 5.5%) for its growth potential, strong fundamentals and compelling valuations. Futhermore, Starhill very recently renewed rent with Toshin Developement. Suntec REIT seemed to have lost its charm & fallen out of investors favor plunging to 1.640 with higher yield now at 5.5%. I certainly dont think it's rational for Suntec's plunge at all but Mr Market is far from rational. DBS bank analyst are still recommending Perennial China Retail Trust (0.570, yield 6.7%). To be honest, the current meltdown has made me a little gloomy but when I look futher into the future, I feel comforted as I know my investments are not darts thrown in the dark but rather are sound investments that have the potential to grow long term. With that, I hope most of you arent panicking in this recent meltdown but instead are on the look out for the best bargains.

No comments: